Friday, July 3, 2009

Poets and Dreamers



Mistress of My Desires




Your breath, warm and fleeting on the back of my neck

brings a smile to my face.

The memory of you lingers in my mind like a song that

resonates in my heart.





Your heartbeat energizes my being.

the pulsing rhythm of your existence

haunts me, makes my days and night

move forward with a pace that cannot be denied.



Your essence fills my soul and stimulates my senses.

I'm reminded of you by a fleeting scent that assails my nose

while strolling carelessly down the street.

a sound or song that invades my solitude returns me

to your loving embrace.



You wrap yourself around my mind and body

like a blanker of security. Leaving me in a cocoon

of complete acceptance and sheer joy.



You are an integral part of my life.

The heart of my being,

The director of my soul.

The mistress of my desires.

You are Paris.



Rebecca Jane Evilsizer (Alford)

No comments:

Post a Comment